I am all about making things now when possible and having an experience with what I am wearing it should have a story my favorite designer right now is Mira Mikati if I had money I would be in trouble because I would own everything !
I was so excited to get together with the genius of WOOL AND THE GANG and would love to do events and collabs with LIVARI it would be so rad !
Love their blog too : https://www.woolandthegang.com/blog
THEY BELIEVE FASHION SHOULD
BE #MADEUNIQUE WITH LOVE. NO MASS PRODUCED
CLOTHING, JUST QUALITY FASHION PRODUCED IN
A SUSTAINABLE WAY.
We’ve all done it, purchased low quality, cheap fast fashion made in factories abroad and wondered “how do they make it so cheap?” The reality is not good. There has to be a better way to produce, one that allows us to wear with pride and sleep soundly. So Wool and the Gang was born — pioneering fashion production that’s made in a sustainable way, bringing back knitting as a viable means of production for generations to come.
Did you know >>>>>>>
KNITTING HAS A TON OF BENEFITS FOR YOU. THE RESULT?
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels. Just what the doctor ordered.
- Improved dexterity as you give your hands and mind a work out at the same time.
- You’ll unleash your creativity and you’ll soon be glowing with pride once you’ve finished.
- Your memory will improve. (Some even say it can reduce chances of dementia.)
- You’ll be able to meet new peeps, knitters are everywhere!
- Wool (surprise!) is WOOL & GANG favourite yarn. It’s natural, renewable and biodegradable.
- They work with fashion factories to repurpose their fashion waste into new yarns to reduce landfill.
- They are always on the lookout for new innovative materials that help to reduce environmental impact.
Designers AURELIE POPPER and JADE HARWOOD met while studying Textile Design at Central Saint Martins in London. After school they gained experience together at Alexander McQueen and Balmain in Paris. That’s when they were discovered by former model, world traveller and yarn lover ELISABETH SABRIER. Together they founded Wool and the Gang. With LISA RODWELL (previously at MOO, Yahoo and eBay) as CEO, fashion industry rebels, Aurelie and Jade, are leading The Gang, changing the way fashion is created and consumed.
Check out some of their videos to get started :
BILLY BEANIE KNITTING KIT
GOT THAT VIBE EMBROIDERY KIT
These embroidery kits give a little jazz and funk to your jeans. DMC’s Mouliné embroidery thread is a bit of an icon. It’s 100% cotton and double mercurised (that’s what makes it oh-so silky). And because each skein is made up of six strands, you can make your embroidery stitches as thick as you like. Inside each Embroidery Kit you’ll get two sheets of magic paper (more about that here), six skeins of DMC Mouliné thread, 1 teeny tiny sewing needle and an easy-to-follow stitch guide.
- RUN THE WORLD EMBROIDERY KIT
Knitting and crochet makes us feel good. It helps us focus, feel creative and put the stresses of the day to rest. Now we want to share this ‘secret’ – it’s the perfect time to get involved.
of you said it has helped
with combating stress
of you said it’s your favourite
way to relax
of you said knitting
helped you feel more
So get started will post more as my masterpieces come to life but wanted to see if you wanted to knit with me !