I remember my trip to Africa – I went to Kenya and the founder of Kelia went to the south but once you have an experience in Africa you are changed. I love the origins of this beauty product KELIA. https://keliaskincare.com
Emily’s story narrated by her :
In 2011, I visited Namibia, fulfilling a lifelong dream of traveling to southern Africa. On my last day in the country, I noticed our guide applying something to his face from a small bottle. He told me it was extract from the “sausage” tree and that he had been putting it on spots on his face that were significant signs of sun damage. Since he started using it, he said, they had all significantly shrunk or disappeared entirely. My mother had just had several concerning spots removed from her face, so I was very intrigued by this new-to-me botanical.
Once I returned home, I began researching Kigelia Africana (as I found it was officially called), and I was stunned by what I read. Recent studies supported many traditional uses of a plant that is largely unknown in America and the American cosmetic market. I immediately saw its phenomenal potential as the star ingredient in an all-natural cosmetic skincare line. Once I learned of the social impact that increasing trade of Kigelia Africana could have in developing areas, and found that it could be sustainably farmed and sourced, I was determined to make my idea a reality. Excited by the possibility of creating a very special product that could also give back, I soon began creating KELIA.
— Emily Joyce Bolf, KELIA founder
I tried the moisturizer and it is so light and feels amazing. It also is like a superhero this is what it is doing besides feeling great on the skin:
Lift, tighten, brighten and hydrate. Lock in powerful botanicals while keeping pollutants and dryness at bay. Kigelia Africana and our Kelevate™ Botanical Complex of complementary botanical extracts and oils both help skin retain moisture while delivering natural compounds that fight the visible effects of sun damage. The Moisturizer absorbs quickly and leaves skin looking radiant and healthy. With extended use, visible signs of UV damage can improve.Boosting Botanicals:
- Camellia (Green Tea) Seed Oil is a light but potent oil that helps skin appear more youthful by countering visible signs of UV and free radical damage
- Pomegranate Seed Oil hydrates the skin and reduces redness and inflammation without clogging pores
- Squalane, derived from olive oil and high in antioxidants, aids in delivering vitamins and compounds to help create glowing skin
- Broccoli Seed Oil is a vigorous fighter of visible UV damage; helps reveal skin’s radiance
- Hibiscus Extract reduces visible inflammation and helps skin appear firmer
- Sea Fennel Extract is rich in Vitamins A, C and E and helps clarify skin blemishes
- Algae Extract contains powerful anti-aging antioxidants that can minimize the appearance of future sun damage
- Organic Aloe Vera soothes and calms skin redness and irritation
Cruelty-free; never tested on animals.
Free of parabens, pthalates and synthetic chemicals.