Check this amazing progress at work company – they are making progress / helping people and delivering incredible product — https://brightendeavors.org/
An important purpose in my life is to seek out entrepreneurs doing amazing things, giving back, sharing skills, giving hope, and just being good people. Instead of sharing just my favorite new lipstick it is so much more to share the stories of people truly helping other people. I think if you can make a purchase that matters that is awesome – that is even better. I love the story behind this candle company – I think every brand that sells candles should sell these – they have so much spirit to them and they smell amazing. I test everything I put on my blog so I did receive a candle from BRIGHT ENDEAVORS – I plan though to purchase these lovely candles as gifts for other women. When we are talking about women’s equality / women’s rights this is a company that is creating that for women – they are helping new mom’s providing jobs for them !
The gift that says more than just “I Love You”. This Mother’s Day say “Thank You” not just for what she does, but for the sacrifice that it takes to be a mom.
Bright Endeavors, a social enterprise, is letting love light the way this Mother’s Day with a limited edition Black Currant Orchid ($24.99) candle designed to celebrate moms of the past, moms of the present, and moms of the future, especially those that need a lot more support and a second chance.
These beautiful, soy wax candles feature a fruity, floral fusion of black currant and grapefruit, tempered with rose and sophisticated base notes of amber and vanilla.
Available in 4 sizes:
- 11oz. Signature Glass, Burn Time-40 Hours
- 8oz. Retreat Tin, Burn Time-30 Hours
- 4oz. Spa Tin, Burn Time-15 Hours
- 3 oz. Glass Votive, Burn Time-12 Hours
Made in Chicago, USA
100% of proceeds support the young moms who create this candle
Made with soy wax & phthalate-free fragrance
- There are several different scents so for the person who loves more Citrus – lemon, there is Vanilla and Lavender check out their site to see all the scents
Each signature glass candle is handcrafted and signed by participants of a 12-week job training program who are creating their own path towards professional success. One hundred percent of the proceeds go to participants who are not only learning job skills to gain independence, but also understanding their place in the broader world, how they fit into their communities, and how they can have an impact on the world. Every day is an opportunity to take steps towards a more successful future.
Every mom wants to provide a safe home for her child filled with love and opportunity. But for a young mom living in poverty, that home can seem out of reach. She is often a survivor of homelessness, neglect or abuse. On average, she has not witnessed a close relative working a steady job and has dropped out of high school due to unplanned pregnancy. As a result, she begins her parenting journey without a diploma, work experience, or a means to provide for her young family. But there’s more to this story…
Bright Endeavors think young moms represent a groundbreaking opportunity for exponential transformation.
Bright Endeavors transforms the lives of young moms by teaching these strong women to craft premium soy candles in a supportive, professional environment. Through their paid job training program, they provide the guidance and job skills young moms need to secure quality employment and begin on a path towards professional success.
Every candle sold provides more opportunities for young moms and their kids.
Check this out :
New Moms/Bright Endeavors Workforce Development Program did the following:
● Served 82 young moms in all aspects of Workforce Development program ● Provided 5,015 hours of facilitated classroom hours ● Bright Endeavors provided paid transitional jobs to 30 participants ● Bright Endeavors provided over 3,200 hours of paid hands-on training ● Team facilitated 108 Career Outings to employer partners & educational institutions ●Team engaged in 2,537 Employment coaching sessions with 238 participants (includes graduates from years past) ● 39 participants were placed in permanent jobs ● 87.2% of those in permanent jobs were at higher than minimum wage ● 74.3% of those in permanent jobs were employed full time ● 59% of those employed full time received benefits ● Average starting wage in permanent job was $9.77/hr (min wage Jan-July 2015 = $8.25/hr) ● 64% of graduates retained employment a minimum of 12 months